Saturday, June 28, 2008

the god of wine comes crashing through the headlights of a car.

where do we begin to get clean again
the colors that were mine
the hope that was mine
and now that time has moved in and through me
the sweat drips down my back as i wait for a glance
a hint of notice
and then suddenly i realize it's gone
and i am happy
the smile is there for me
because i enjoy the inside of this laughter
i can't keep it all together
i know i can't keep it all together
holds a truth i can't erase
every glamorous sunrise throws the planets out of line
a star sign out of whack
a fraudulent zodiac
search for these lyrics
it brings your name with a punch to the chest.
falling in with a heart face first
the smoke rings out the window as the stars swim past
these eyes hum a lullaby to the rest of me
to the best of me
and i drift
away.

1 comment:

  1. i love the lyrics. you are an encouragement. thank you. know that you are in my prayers.

    "He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart."

    ReplyDelete